The Wellington Independent Arts Trust was established in 2009 and is a registered charitable trust. Are we able to support you? Our aims:
- To provide a foundation for and support independent arts projects which look to provide different ways for the arts to connect with audiences.
- To support work that integrates the world of economic, social and political action with artistic endeavours.
- To encourage community participation in the arts.
- To encourage discussion and critical thinking.
- To support excellence and innovation in arts practice.
Through our umbrella support of major arts platforms that foster artists collaborating and public participation we have helped 100s of arts projects and many more artists and communities. We believe in the importance of artists being embedded in our society as changemakers in a time when change is much needed. As artists and producers ourselves we have been part of and witnessed the major effects the arts can have in our society. We are committed supporting those who share similar values.
We welcome support from donors to support the Wellington Independent Arts Trust’s aims. We are a registered NZ charity. which means individuals are able to claim 33.3% rebate for donations made up to a maximum claim equal to their annual taxable income.
Enquires can be made here or by approaching one of the trustees here.